Do Not Judge Others
7 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. 2 For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. 3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.
"Don’t get into the habit of being judgmental or Don’t make judgmentalism a part of your lifestyle. The reason that a judgmental spirit is to be avoided is that such an attitude directly impacts how others, including God, respond to our deficiencies." College Press Commentary
God through my Wife has revealed to me the last couple days how much I judge others. I use to think I was a very judgmental person who got delivered and I have gotten a lot better than I use to be well I should say I have narrowed my scope of people I judge. I use to judge people based on what they were wearing or what they would say. Now I simply look for what I feel Im good at and find where someone struggles with it and talk about them and judge. Pretty sick really. Sometimes I know when Im doing it and sometimes I dont. God is revealing to me that the times I think im helping a situation by trying to share my advice I am actually judging them and trying to justify it. Im learning more and more that it’s not about being right or wrong. I know there are times I have the right answer but because of my approach or my previous judging of them I am dead to them and therefore have no trust to speak into their lives. Its really about seeing Jesus in everyone and everything...For about the last year I have been having very strange and difficult job experiences. No matter how many goals I surpass or money I bring in for the company I can't seem to keep one. So to say the least Kimberly and I are in a tight spot. I believe God is always good and will always provide but I have found myself wondering and praying why am I going through this? What are you trying to teach me? I think I have discovered that my judgments about others and their financial situations are coming back to me according to Matthew 7. God has been trying to teach me this for years and I havent listened until now. I am extremely jealous of others financial success. I’m not materialistic and not money hungry but I do enjoy paying my bills and that’s becoming increasingly more difficult. I pray that I have not learned my lesson too late and that God will have mercy on me.
To see others succeed (especially where we may have failed) leads easily to negative feelings of envy, jealousy, and resentment. Through the renewing power of the Holy Spirit we must fight against such tendencies and be genuinely happy and filled with good will when others have cause to rejoice.
No comments:
Post a Comment