Monday, August 11, 2008

Jesus...How much do we love Him?

Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.

What kind of love do we have? Do we have an unconditional love that is beyond the love we have for our own life, our family,friends, money,fame,acceptance...etc? Are we willing to daily die to ourselves so we can truly live in Him? God is looking for people who will lay down there lives and pick up their cross each day and follow Him. God has been challenging me since youth camp to really start living for him. Going into youth camp I thought I was in a pretty good place in my walk with God. I had just started doing an homeless outreach, kim and I do children's ministry, I'm on the worship team, youth service and attend guys prayer meeting on tuesdays. So I was thinking I was doing God a favor by doing so many things. I have since become aware of my true condition. I am 75% committed to all of these things and its not just time that is keeping me from being 110% committed. God is challenging me to become more bold and more dedicated to the things he has called me to do right now...Theres probably even more that I need to be doing. I'm starting to see that it is not going to be easy to really do the things of God. Its going to be hard to reach a lot of the people in Monroe park but if we don't who will? Its going to be tough to approach the crippled in mall and believe that they will leave the wheelchair behind but how many life changing miracles will we miss if we do not obey the Word of God? Its going to be hard to forgive those who do you wrong and hurt you but how many will we chase away if we dont forgive? Its tough to turn the other cheek and love your enemy but how many of them would we lead to Him by showing the Love of Jesus? Are we willing to lay down all of our earthly thoughts, goals and desires at the feet of the Cross and follow the way of the Lord? If we truly Love him then we have to do this.

The Cross, The Cross is always waiting
everyday it waits for me
Christ own narrow path our vision
Christ the ever lasting seed

No comments: