Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Volume of Life

How many times has God been trying to whisper in our ear and we can't hear him because of the volume that surrounds our life and we miss what he's trying to say?

Sometimes I find life so busy and hectic that it takes Jesus screaming at me to get my attention (not in the physical sense but more in the spiritual). I just wonder how many time is he so close that he can whisper but we have everything else so loud that he cannot be heard? Then I blame him by saying he isn't speaking. I am trying to tone everything down so I can hear when he speaks. Trying to tune out all the other voices. I want to eliminate the noise of this world. Friday nights we do worship and prayer and it is a very open environment...Different than Sundays. Friday nights I hear melodies that I don't hear. All of the musicians have said they play things they have never played...Chord structures that they have never thought of. I know with me its because I purposely drown out everything from when I get out of work until we start playing. I put on worship music and just kind of rest and let God do what he wants to do for the night. Friday nights always seems to have an open Heaven for us as a worship team and I think its because we tune it all out. I personally am under the belief that the heavens are always open to us and we close them by opening the door to everything else. I wonder what would happen if I tuned everything out 24/7 and just tried to listen for God. How many people could I witness to? How many words would I be given for people? How many melodies would I have written? God is challenging me. I am going to start turning down the noise of this world and listening for the sound of Heaven.

No comments: