Monday, July 07, 2008
Lawsuit and The Will of God
Today I find myself in a new position. I am being sued by my former employer for a breach of a non compete I signed with them. I was not aware it was valid because they fired me. Fired me for no reason other than they feel "it was not the right environment for me"....Got to love AT WILL employment. Truth is it wasn't the right environment...Bunch of drinking, partying and everything that comes along with it. A lot of lonely, depressed, lost people. I shared my faith as much as I could but didn't get anything but negative response...Which I expected but I hope I planted seeds...So I am working with my attorney to see what course we can take (if any). So during my praying and seeking God for peace in this situation a thought kept coming to mind. Why do things happen in life? Sounds incredibly broad but what I really mean is what is the purpose of situations that were put in? After I left Truth broadcasting I prayed that God would direct me where to work and he would put me where I needed to be. RHI called me out of the blue and wanted to hire me...I didnt apply for it...they reached out to me...I couldn't get hired at walmart, bestbuy or any of the other million places I applied. Never got a call back from anyone so Im pretty sure God lined this up. So im there for 6 weeks, bust my tail, working 65 hours a week and become successful quickly. I exceeded every weekly/monthly goal and all of sudden they bring me in and fire me without any substantial reason. I wasn't worried because God always provides...always has...always will with doubt but the same thing I wondered then I am wondering now...Why was I there? I didn't see anyone come to the Lord, no miracles, really not a lot of opportunity to share my faith...What did I accomplish? I know I was there for a purpose beyond money....I can make money anywhere. So now I move to a mom and pop staffing company with 7 employees. I took a huge cut in income to come here but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I work with great Christian people who believe in Family first. They have their priorities in line. I have my own office and a 12 minute drive to work! Its incredible. I could stay here the rest of my life but now I am faced with the possibility of having to leave here as soon as this week because of the lawsuit. So yet again I am wondering God, why am I having such crazy experiences in my career? I am not angry, not bitter, just curious on What God is up to? Why am I running into these issues? What is it that you are trying to teach me? I am willing to do it...Just reveal it. I am not worried about my mortgage and mounds of bills...God takes care of those...I am just worried about being in the Will of God and if I am really open to it. I feel open. I feel like I could sell my house today and move to mozambique to work with orphans but would I really? I need to be this sensitive to the direction of the Lord and I pray that I am....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
praying for you bro.
Post a Comment