Tuesday, June 03, 2008
We need Reformation
I have recently been praying for God to move in my church and in my city and bring renewal. I grew up in the church and experienced the outpouring in the mid to late 90's. It was an awesome time of refreshing and brought along a lot of great things and some bad things but overall it was great. So I have been praying that God would bring it again and today I think God showed me that we should not desire for revival or renewal but we should be asking for reformation. That we as the church need to change our way of thinking. I think the Florida movement is a perfect example. One of the most debated things in the Christian circles is "can this pierced out, tattooed up, screaming guy seriously be legit." Its all over the web...Type in his name and you will find more articles from other Christians trying to warn the masses of this false prophet then you will discussing how amazing it is to hear of dead people rising and cripples walking. Will we change our way of thinking and allow God to move in a way that we are not used to? I believe from here on out that true moves of God will not resemble anything we have seen before. We already see that evangelist look completely different than our "Suit and tie image" we have created. I believe that the truly anointed worship leaders are going to have a new sound...Something that even the world will stop and wonder where the sound comes from because it will be so creative. Our Pastors are going to become more transparent and real with their congregations. The question is are we ready for it? Are we open to a new move, a new sound? Something that doesn't fit our TBN model.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow I'm excited! I'm praying with you!!!
this is great stuff broheim. i like it.
Post a Comment