Tuesday, June 17, 2008

John 14:12

“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father"

Do we really believe this? This is one of those scriptures where I kinda pass over it because I have a hard time believing it. To do greater works than Jesus? How is this possible?
verse 13-14 message

From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I'll do it. That's how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I'll do.

I love the message because it captures what the scripture is really meaning. Some get confused when they read the Niv or NKJ and think anything we ask in his name he will do and take it as God will do anything we pray for. God will do anything we request that lines up with Him! We need to really start believing that we can do great things if we are in the will of the Father!

No comments: