Friday, July 14, 2006

Just Be

Why is it as Christians we struggle so hard with being what God has called us to be? I am not talking about being in ministry or living the calling. I am talking about just being who God created you to be. So many of us are so insecure in ourselves that we feel we have to strive and push to be something acceptable to others around us. We strive so hard to become certain somebody that we dont pay attention to what God wants us to be and has already created us to be. The reason counselors and shrinks are in business is because people need to be told who they are and they need to be told the direction to take in their life. The problem is every voice in your life will tell you to take a different path. There is only one who can give you the answer and unless you submit to his will you will always have to be told who are instead of knowing who you are created to be. There isn't anything wrong with these various support groups but God should be the voice you are listening for and I feel today God has become the emergency nothing else has worked option when he should be the 1st. I write this for me, I dont know exactly the call on my life and I dont think I will until I learn how to just be comfortable being what he has created me to be. HELP ME FATHER! Isaiah 45:9 “Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you making?’”

No comments: